Monday, August 8, 2016

Weekend of Firsts


Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a good weekend!  

Like I said on Saturday, I had a bunch of errands to take care of this weekend, so that took up a lot of my time.  But I did find some time for fun as well :)

On Sunday morning, my friend Maggie and I went to Blizzard Beach for a little while and did some of the rides there.  I'd never been to a Disney water park before, so that was a first for me.  They've got a nice lazy river that goes all the way around the park, and several fun rides.  The big thrill ride there is Summit Plummet, a 12-story near vertical body slide.  Which I did.  I wasn't too scared while waiting in line, but being on the ride was actually pretty scary because you're just falling and there's nothing there to keep you in place.  But I was very glad to have done it (another first). 

The rest of the day was spent on errands and watching the Olympics.  I loved watching the American men win the 4x100m free relay :D  I was up and cheering in my living room, and I'm pretty sure one of my roommates thought I was crazy. 

This morning started with more errands.  In the afternoon, I met my friend Bryan at Epcot and we watched several of the shows at the World Showcase. 

First up was Les Parfaits Inconnus again, and they were again fantastic.  

Next we stopped in America to watch Voices of Liberty.  They did a rendition of Old McDonald today that was a lot of fun. 
Then we stopped in Italy to watch Sergio, a juggler/clown who was really good (another first). 
Finally, we watched the acrobats in China perform and they were so good. 
Poor quality photo because they were performing inside due to weather
I'm now home and watching the Olympics again, which is lovely.  Back to work tomorrow!
Bonus photo: there are four princess mosaics at the castle in Disneyland Shanghai, and this is a small portion that was created before the whole mosaics were done to see how the colors worked together

No comments:

Post a Comment