Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Hollywood Studios Tuesday

Two fun stories from today:

During my interview for this internship, I was asked which Disney character I am most like and why.  I had never thought about that, so it kind of threw me.  I decided that I was most like Lilo (from Lilo and Stitch) because she is passionate about what she believes in and understands the importance of ohana.  

Today, I met Lilo. And it was fantastic :)
(I didn't know that she would be at Hollywood Studios, so we were walking toward a ride and she was just there)
Sorority squat with Lilo


Second story:

For a while, I've had a pretty distinct memory of a dark theater with bubbles and water coming down.  An actual memory, not something I've heard a bajillion stories about such that I now feel like I remember the event.  I kind of associated this memory with Disney, but I wasn't sure exactly why.

Today, I went with friends to Hollywood Studios and we saw the Voyage of the Little Mermaid show there. And it was exactly what I remembered from when I was really little.  I spoke with my mom after and I think we figured out that we'd gone over to Hollywood Studios the second time I came to Disney World when I was younger, specifically to see that show because I loved Ariel.  We both thought that if I was actually going to remember something from when I was little, it makes perfect sense that it would be something Little Mermaid-related.

<3
Other highlights of the past few days:

  • I very solidly have the best parents ever.  Before this internship, I struggled finding appropriate boots for my costume.  I'm vegan, so they couldn't contain leather, and they had to be brown for work.  Vegan boots aren't that hard to find, nor are brown boots, but putting the two together provided quite a challenge.  My mom found a company that sold vegan boots in London, so I ordered them.  They looked great...and were possibly the most uncomfortable shoes I've worn in a while. Maybe ever.  But they were my only option, so I've spent the last few days trying different fixes to make them bearable and nothing was helping.  I got home from work yesterday and had a package waiting for me: my parents had found and ordered another pair of vegan brown boots that seem like they are going to be 1000x more comfortable and I am so excited :D Thank you thank you thank you Mom and Dad!

  • Cast members get a pretty solid discount at Sanaa! at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, so I went there today with a group of other explorers and had a delicious lunch. 

Delicious noms at Sanaa!

In terms of training, we've now finished going through and learning about all of the different badge and animal locations that we staff.  We had an assessment yesterday (I thought I'd finished taking tests for a while after graduation, but apparently not...) and our first day of shadow training is tomorrow.  I'm incredibly excited to get out in the park and start interacting with guests and really looking forward to sharing stories of those interactions!

Bonus photo: I'm enjoying working at a place where dotting your i's with Mickeys is considered completely normal 

No comments:

Post a Comment